Monday, May 25, 2015

This is eat

The initial attempt to feed Alab did not succeed as I imagined it to be. Given that when he eat, he looks at us with much longing, I thought he would be giddy-happy that it was finally time to him to share in the family meal. Apparently not. He would push the spoon away or close his mouth as it approached or pushed his tongue out.

For more than a week, this was a case. I thought to give feeding him a rest since his main source of nutrition should still be milk anyway.

Since we do not have the time to really cook his food every time (it's such a small portion, at that), we freeze his food then just thaw it out when we are too feed him. One day, I thought of giving him a frozen potato slice to chew on. He enjoyed it! He ended up eating a couple of slices. I tried it with squash and sweet potato, he enjoyed them both. I also tried giving him a small slice of fresh banana (not frozen), he ended eating a lot.

My initial thought that baby-led weaning was not for us has been debunked.

No comments:

Post a Comment