Monday, May 11, 2015

Kain na!

Last Saturday (9 May), Alab ate for the first time.

Contrary to my expectations of giggly joy of finally having food, he was crying and throwing a fit. My little Baymax did not enjoy his first time. :(

It might have been the attempt at baby-led weaning (BLW).  I gave him a sliver of squash which he eagerly put in his mouth (as he tends to do lately with anything he lays his hands on). He tastes it and gums it... and gags. He ends up crying.

I went back to old-school feeding of mashing the squash and adding some breastmilk to give him a more familiar taste. He reacted much better to it but ends up crying again. 

I ended up nursing him both for comfort and hunger. He fell asleep a few moments after.

When I fed him again on Sunday, I stuck to old-school mashed food. He was more receptive than the day before. Still not giggly joy but at least there was no more crying until after he finished what I prepared.

Maybe BLW is not for us, but we are definitely on our way to solid food. And stinky farts and poop. StinkIER farts and poop, I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment